3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story
Hello everyone,
I can imagine, I met and had a conversation with a German entrepreneur. He has a company that is working on the education system in Germany plus multiple mentoring classes and social media channels where he gives advices to young entrepreneurs. In our conversation, he mostly talked with me about his background, how he grew up, and about the mindset he had to get when he became entrepreneur. He is very ambitious and works very hard every day, and that pays off for him. He is very successful on social media, and his company makes good sales too. I really enjoyed the part where he talked about the mindset because his story is really unique. He finished his college, had his degrees, and when he was about to start to become teacher, he decided to quit the job because he couldn’t work with the German education system. His perspective of what’s important and what students should learn was too different than what he education system says. He wants to use the internet, smartphones, and the technology more. So, when he was 27 he became entrepreneur, and the big problem was that a lot of the people he went to college with didn’t believed in him and tried to convince him to stay off the entrepreneurship. They told him to stop whatever he is doing, to summarize it, they were a bad influence for him and what he wanted to do. So, he broke up with everyone who was “bad” for him and who didn’t help him to realize his dream. After he broke up with a lot of them, he only had his real friends, and those you didn’t pulled him down. In his opinion the social circle is so important for yourself and your success as an entrepreneur. Negativity is something that helps nobody. He developed his own mindset and work ethic and it worked, even though everyone was doubting him.
I always think that this example is not only important for entrepreneurship, but also for everything in life. If you have the right work ethic, and if you chase your goals, you will be successful. The conversation was very inspiring for me.
I enrolled in this ENT class because I’m very interested in entrepreneurship, and I can really see myself as an entrepreneur in the future. I always planned to do something with that. To me, it’s very exciting to see the whole process of entrepreneurship, and I’m ready to learn a lot about it in this class
Eric Friese
Hi Eric, I found your story very interesting, especially since I am currently visiting Germany. What I have learned in the short time I have been in Germany is that many germans have a determined mindset. I think everyone can learn a lot from your story and from others in different countries. It is interesting to learn about the different mindsets that different people have. One of the most important thing about being an entrepreneur is having a strong set of beliefs and a good mindset.
ReplyDeleteHi Eric,
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have met this German entrepreneur. He sounds like he has been through a lot and has had every person in the world doubt his passion. I found it very inspiring that he kept going and following his dreams. I hope I can be as strong as he seems to be. Also, I am also very interested in entrepreneurship and am excited to learn about the process.
Eric,
ReplyDeleteThis was by far the most unique story that I’ve read thus far. I wish I got a little more background into how this interaction took place, however that may be better suited for a later post! Overall, I found your post to be very candid, however it may be beneficial to work harder at articulating more of the specifics of the content. Very cool!
Eric! I love that you found someone who wasn't afraid to go against the educational system. Some systems work out there but its always impressive to see someone stand up for the changing times and for their students! I love that you found someone outside of the US that could give insight on another educational platform. I'm not surprised that he uses social media as a main outlet given his beliefs on students using the technology that we have in this day and age. Great post and keep it up for your own path dude. What a great guy to get some real life perspectives from that can be applied to you RIGHT NOW.
ReplyDelete