13A – Reading Reflection No. 1



1)  I read about the Wright Brothers, what surprised me the most was that the USA did not acknowledge them, not even responding to their letter. What I admired most was that Wilbur continued to work despite his accident. There was nothing that I did not admire from these guys, they are incredible and they worked really hard for what they achieved. The Wright Brothers definitely encountered failure. Inventing something as complicated as a plane, there is bound to be failure. What I love about this is that they continued and continued despite all of the negative feedback (doubters). What they did was just learn more about why it failed and try to fix what went wrong.

2) Competencies I noticed was that they were extremely intelligent, obviously. Both of them had to have a strong mental game, they had to deal with all of the failures from previous people.

3) What I found confusing was that Wilbur (the older one) was raised to let Orville (younger one) to be the boss. I guess in this day and age the older one is normally the boss.

4) Questions I would ask them are: What made you want to keep going after all of your failures?
                                                               Did you even want to quit and give up and if so how often?

5) The Wright Brothers were extremely hard workers and were always constantly working. I somewhat would share this opinion but I feel like you need to take a mental check every once and awhile.

Comments

  1. I also decided to write about the Wright Brothers. Perhaps it is very unique how history rewrites importance on certain figures, especially one as important globally as the Wright Brothers. I did find that very strange, however, that the United States did not acknowledge them publicly. Despite this, I certainly agree that they have many admirable qualities that provided revelations in science and culture as a whole!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

29A Venture Concept No.2

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends