8A – Solving The Problem


My personal experience here in the United States, from coming from Europe is, that we waste so much plastic here. Especially in water bottles and forks and knifes. Often times, we just have the small 500ml bottles fine, but this wastes so much more plastic. I remember when I am home, we always ahem 1,5l litre bottles. Here, I drink 3 500ml bottles instead. When In go to the supermarket I always see those big 24 bottles packs with 500ml bottles, and I always ask myself: why not just buy a couple 1,5 litre bottles? The same with fork and knife. I cant understand why the Americans use so much plastic knifes and forks instead of real stainless steel forks and knifes, which are reusable, better for eating and better for the environment because they are nit out of plastic. 
So, my idea is that restaurants should offer steel forks and knifes because it’s just better for eating, cheaper over the time because you can reuse them for years, you only have to wash them. And if we are all honest, it’s just a way better feeling that eating with plastic. I personally hate it to eat with plastic, and I think that this could also improve the quality and service of a lot of restaurants. About the plastic bottles, I think if a lot of companies would fill their water in bigger bottles it would be better for the environment because we use less plastic and it would be better for the consumer because they would have less trash because they would only throw away 1 bottle instead of 3. It’s also easier to drink because you don’t have to open a new bottle after 3 sips.

I know those are not very big things, but they annoy me a lot sometimes, and I think I’m not the only person that thinks like that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

29A Venture Concept No.2

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends