21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

I read the book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of the book is about success is all portions of life.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
The book in my opinion definitely connects with what we are learning in this class. It talks a lot about what it takes to be successful and what successful people do.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
That exercise would involve just spending time alone in your room with no social media around and just thinking about yourself and who you are.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I personally have read other self improvement books before and I really enjoy them as I find them really interesting. My aha moment was when it talked about how athletes focus their mindset of the preparation. 

Comments

  1. Hey, Eric. It seems a lot of the books are about managing mindset and how that relates to success. The book I read ("How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big") was no different. The hypothetical exercise you created seems like it would help a lot in self-exploration. Knowing who you are and knowing you're strengths is vital to being successful and knowing how to best handle the inevitable bumps in the road on the way to success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was by a large margin one of the most articulate and full effort effort I have ever seen displayed by a single human on the face of the Earth. Eric, I can't believe my eyes at what I read. Fantastic work as usual. You are the guiding light in a truly dark and sick world. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eric,

    I'm really amazed by this post. I can see how much effort you put into this and it really paid off. I read this same book and I can tell you that it left me speechless. It is such an amazing book and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

29A Venture Concept No.2

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends