23A What Makes You So Special
10 Resources:
1. Financial Capital - I can receive money from my parents to help start my campaign.
Valuable: Everyone needs money these days to do something.
Rare: A lot of people have money so not necessarily, is it hard to get though? Yes.
Inimitable: Yes people can copy my idea and get funds.
Non-Substitutable: yes, because money gives those resources therefore other people will help.
2. Capabilities - I am a very calm person even in stressful situations.
Valuable: Yes because I won't freak out when something comes up that can shut my idea down.
Rare: No necessarily as you can find calm people.
Inimitable: Yes, people can take lessons to be calmer.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, because you can learn these skills anywhere.
3. Human Capital - Education from the University of Florida.
Valuable: Yes, UF is one of the highest ranked educational facility in the USA.
Rare: Yes, it is not easy to get into highly ranked schools.
Inimitable: Yes, other people can get into the school and receive education.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, other schools can provide better or the same education.
4. Social Capital - Programs I can join to receive help at UF.
Valuable: Yes, these programs at the University are proven to be very successful.
Rare: Yes, because you have to be a student here to take advantage of them.
Inimitable: Yes, other people at the school can take advantage of the programs.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, there are mother programs in the USA that can give the same material.
5. Capabilities - I am a hard worker.
Valuable: Yes because without hardworking you will never reach your goals.
Rare: No because there are other hard workers out there.
Inimitable: Yes, people can learn to work hard and get motivation.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, there are resources out there that can teach you to work hard or help you.
6. Social Capital - I have good connections with people that can help me.
Valuable: Yes as I can get in touch with the right people and get ahold of them faster.
Rare: Yes as not many people have connections.
Inimitable: Yes as you can get connections.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as you can go out there and get other people to do it for you.
7. Capabilities - I am good at managing time wisely.
Valuable: Yes as I will not get backed up on work.
Rare: Yes as today we see a lot of procrastinators.
Inimitable: Yes because there are others who can manage time wisely.
Non-Substitutable: Yes because you can learn to be at managing time.
8. Social Capital - I have really positive friends and a good work environment.
Valuable: Yes as they encourage me to get the job done.
Rare: Yes because it is hard to get rid of negative people in your life.
Inimitable: Yes as others can get rid of the negative people in their life.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as you can get more positive friends.
9. Capabilities - I am very competitive from being a swimmer.
Valuable: Yes as when competition arises I will be competitive with them.
Rare: No, I feel as if a lot of people can be competitive if they really want something.
Inimitable: Yes people can be competitive.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, people can join sports and such or anything that offers a "prize" and become competitive.
10. Capabilities - I am a positive person.
Valuable: Yes because I won't shutdown when something bad happens.
Rare: No, anyone can learn to be positive.
Inimitable: Yes people can be positive.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as there are resources out there such as books which can help you with positivity.
I truly believe I do not have a top resource but if I was forced to choose one I would go with positivity. This is mainly do the fact as you cannot get far without being positive about you idea. You have to believe that it can work before you get anywhere, otherwise how can you sell it to other people if you cannot sell it to yourself?
1. Financial Capital - I can receive money from my parents to help start my campaign.
Valuable: Everyone needs money these days to do something.
Rare: A lot of people have money so not necessarily, is it hard to get though? Yes.
Inimitable: Yes people can copy my idea and get funds.
Non-Substitutable: yes, because money gives those resources therefore other people will help.
2. Capabilities - I am a very calm person even in stressful situations.
Valuable: Yes because I won't freak out when something comes up that can shut my idea down.
Rare: No necessarily as you can find calm people.
Inimitable: Yes, people can take lessons to be calmer.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, because you can learn these skills anywhere.
3. Human Capital - Education from the University of Florida.
Valuable: Yes, UF is one of the highest ranked educational facility in the USA.
Rare: Yes, it is not easy to get into highly ranked schools.
Inimitable: Yes, other people can get into the school and receive education.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, other schools can provide better or the same education.
Valuable: Yes, these programs at the University are proven to be very successful.
Rare: Yes, because you have to be a student here to take advantage of them.
Inimitable: Yes, other people at the school can take advantage of the programs.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, there are mother programs in the USA that can give the same material.
Valuable: Yes because without hardworking you will never reach your goals.
Rare: No because there are other hard workers out there.
Inimitable: Yes, people can learn to work hard and get motivation.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, there are resources out there that can teach you to work hard or help you.
Valuable: Yes as I can get in touch with the right people and get ahold of them faster.
Rare: Yes as not many people have connections.
Inimitable: Yes as you can get connections.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as you can go out there and get other people to do it for you.
Valuable: Yes as I will not get backed up on work.
Rare: Yes as today we see a lot of procrastinators.
Inimitable: Yes because there are others who can manage time wisely.
Non-Substitutable: Yes because you can learn to be at managing time.
Valuable: Yes as they encourage me to get the job done.
Rare: Yes because it is hard to get rid of negative people in your life.
Inimitable: Yes as others can get rid of the negative people in their life.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as you can get more positive friends.
Valuable: Yes as when competition arises I will be competitive with them.
Rare: No, I feel as if a lot of people can be competitive if they really want something.
Inimitable: Yes people can be competitive.
Non-Substitutable: Yes, people can join sports and such or anything that offers a "prize" and become competitive.
Valuable: Yes because I won't shutdown when something bad happens.
Rare: No, anyone can learn to be positive.
Inimitable: Yes people can be positive.
Non-Substitutable: Yes as there are resources out there such as books which can help you with positivity.
I truly believe I do not have a top resource but if I was forced to choose one I would go with positivity. This is mainly do the fact as you cannot get far without being positive about you idea. You have to believe that it can work before you get anywhere, otherwise how can you sell it to other people if you cannot sell it to yourself?
Hey Eric,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post. I can see how much effort you put into this post and I agree that one incredible asset is positivity. Having that mentality can be that key factor a company needs to take it to the next level. Otherwise I don't think the company can get too far. All of these aspects makes you very special in the industry.
Eric you are definitely special with this one. I am so amazed by your refined craft of word play. Everyone definitely needs money. Some more than others. Some less than others, and here you have capitalized on that and created your company. Bravo Eric for this is the best work I have seen you do to date. I swear on Jah.
ReplyDelete