24A Venture Concept No. 1

 Venture Concept

My opportunity belief for this class involves an application that helps the costumer with the parking on UF campus.   

The opportunity such as the group of concepts I will be mainly targeting students at the University of Florida. Other groups to target would be people who park on campus who aren't students, like teachers or workers. Typically students have the need of not finding parking spots or don’t know where to park with their decal of their car or scooter. A lot of TAs are on campus and give out tickets. Nobody wants a ticket. These people that need my opportunity idea are the ones who:

  • Want to park on campus 
  • Can't find the right parking lot
  • Don't know where parking spots are available 
  • Don't want to get tickets 
  • Don't want to walk because they parked too far from class

The nature of this need is not too high but it has great potential to save time and not being stressed by not finding a parking spot. Also what is great about this is that it can apply to nearly every campus in the nation. Every morning people drive to class from their off cam pus place, and every morning people cant find parking spots because every spot is taken or they have to park off campus because they already know that it would take too long to search a spot. People get disappointed and don't even try to park on campus anymore. Those people are definitely willing to use my app to be able to park on campus with their car or scooter again. This opportunity is very doable but I would not say that it is the biggest thing, but big enough to definitely consider. The window of opportunity will always be open until it gets fixed.

 The innovation behind this opportunity belief is not a product but rather a service that is available to current students. What my service does it takes satellite pictures, and sends it to the application so that the customer gets information where parking spots are available and where not. My service will provide ways fro students to park their cars on campus again.  Costumers will go in on a website or call, and talk to a professional about what they want done and how they want it done, we will provide feedback and give them our ideas of what might work best without ignoring theirs, something that I believe is extremely important in making a business, listening to you customers feedback. We wouldn’t charge anything for the app because we don’t want the students to spend too much on that. We would rather earn money through in app ads. 
 My venture concept will definitely solve my opportunity idea as it covers all areas of the need and even goes into detail of all the negatives. Customers will get my service because they will get parking opportunities which are really rare sometimes on campus, in return. The fact is, is that there is no other product out there right now that successfully helps students or other person with the on campus parking. I would organise the business by researching, hiring employees, and staying on top of things with the service. 

 My venture’s unfair advantage is the fact that I am a really positive person with connections. I do not let things get me down. The next thing for my venture would be to reach out with my idea to big malls and other universities. For me, I want to just continue seeing my service grow and grow. A steady pace is what I am looking for as if it just comes all at once, I am sure I will figure out a way to get by it, but I feel like it would be better in the long run if it is a steady growth.

Comments

  1. Hey Eric,

    I really enjoyed your post this week. I can see how much effort you have put into this post and into this idea you have in your company. It is clear how well developed it is and I can really see a future in this industry. I believe that your venture will take this very far and can become very successful. You have a clear vision in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God damn I enjoyed your last post so much. You have put in a tremendous amount of effort since your start. I am so impressed by your company I might just pull a Mr. Monopoly and buy it. Your venture is the most important thing to the survival of the human race. Mark my words, you are young Elon Musk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

29A Venture Concept No.2

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends