25A What's Next
Existing Market:
What's Next: Personally, I believe that we need to look at the current parking situation and assess what can do better. Also look at the situation going on campus with parking and find all of the dead space.
Interviewee #1: He talked about how he always got tickets when he parked on campus
Interviewee #2: She talked a lot about how she started to park at her sorority house and then walked 10min
Interviewee #3: She talked about how there is almost no opportunity for her to park on campus with her car because she can't find any spot near her class
Something that definitely stood out to me was that people really have problems to park their car on campus in the right parking lot. They either get tickets or don’t get any spots.
Another thing I found interesting was that a lot of people don’t even try to park on campus anymore. They stopped to try it because It would take too much time with a high chance of no success.
New Market:
The new market I will be targeting are students at the University of Florida who only have 1 class. To make this product worthy for them to use as they most definitely have class schedules, so if they are able to get a spot near their classes, it would make their lives much easier.
Interviewee #1: Some of the football players talked about how they sometimes park on an illegal spot for 1 hour and hope that they won't get a ticket. If they get a ticket, they also don’t care about it.
Interviewee #2: He said that he always takes the bus
I learned a lot about this market. People may gamble with the parking and risk a ticket to get the perfect spot right in front of the building. If those people might get to know the typical route of the TAs and know when they are where, they will always park like that. Or they take the bus to campus
This market is definitely not as attractive as my original market. We might talk about people who don’t even want to drive their car, instead they only take busses. Also people gamble with getting tickets, and if they get tickets, they just pay them.
Hey Eric,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post and I can see how much effort you put in this post and this company. Your vision is great and I believe that if your follow the steps you just outlined you will accomplish your goal. The current parking situation is in fact a mess and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
The parking situation my guy! What an absolutely tremendous disaster. You can save us Eric. I believe in you more than any of the other classmates. You are not only my peer, you are the savior of the beaten, the broken, and the damned. This was amazing. I will never forget you Eric. You are a king. I crown thee.
ReplyDelete