27A Reading Reflection No.3
Book: How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of the book was about failing and what comes from it.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
I personally chose this book because of the module we are on. In the module we also talked a lot about how people handle failure and how it is bound to happen at some point in our road to be an entrepreneur. The book is nearly the same thing, talking about how successful people fail all the time. How they have failed more times than they have succeeded.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would ask the class to in one of their future activities whether it's sports or academics, it does not matter, to work on the little things in that subject. Such as for academics, just re-read your notes of that day once. Or sports work on things that can make you better outside of the sport such as eating habits, time you go to bed, etc.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
My biggest surprise from the book was that he told us to focus on systems and not goals. How goals have two flaws with them, 1) They are in the future, and 2) They're specific. Personally I still do not see the flaws but it definitely stood out to me.
Hey Eric,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post. I never got to read this book but after reading your post I'm definitely going to check it out. I've always been an advocate for learning from your own mistakes so I feel like this could be a great book for me. If you have any other recommendations please let me know.
You chose a book. Why read a book when you can learn? Knowledge. But actually though, knowledge is a fascinating read. You might just wish to read the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. He was wise. Ironic, isn't it? That he could not save others, but only himself? Why go through that pain? Seems like a lot. But who knows. Also, it must suck to be Darth Vader.
ReplyDelete